Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 57: Two Months; New Doctor

Today marks two months today since I found out I have HIV.  I saw my new HMO doctor today.  His first call was to start medication right away, although when I told him my numbers he asked me to repeat them because he thought they were wrong, since it's rare to have someone with numbers like that.

I told him that I have done my homework and I don't want to start medication just yet.  I want to see how my body will react to this disease through self-care.  I suggested that I get tested every 2 months for now so that we can see how my viral load will be and we can establish a baseline.  He thought that was a good plan, not his usual nerdy thing, but a something that was thought out and something he was definitely willing to work with.

He said to do some research in the medications and my response was that I will, although now I am too overloaded and that's something that I need time for.

So I talked to my dad on the phone.  I couldn't say it.  I just liked hearing him talk about what's going on in his life that I just couldn't bring it up.  Should I call him back or wait for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment