Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 68: It's Time

I was driving home thinking.

I know why I haven't told my parents.

I want them to be with me when I tell them.

Can you imagine how your voice and tears sound on the phone? When you see that in person it's a whole different experience. This is it. I need them in front of me. I need to show them in person how I feel so they can react. I need those hugs. I need to show them with my hands, with my smile and with my heart that I will be ok.

I am going to do it this week. They arrive on Wednesday and I will do it after Thanksgiving. I will do it after the rush of being with family has passed. I will do it so my mother doesn't have to spend the holiday with family ready to defend me. I won't make her feel like I have done something other families would never do.

I know that this will take time to sink in and the night before Thanksgiving is probably not the best night. However black Friday is probably the best day. At least I can tell them and explain to them nothing is more comforting than Macy's after thanksgiving day sale.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Macy's is good, but stay away from Wal-Mart - people get trampled there.

    ReplyDelete