Friday, November 27, 2009

Day 72: Pool and Football

It's Thanksgiving and as usual my family spends their time eating and watching football. I wouldn't mind that except that's it. Lack of conversation or focus on each other, football, meat, pie and sleep by 9pm.

I am sure many families do this over and over and over again. I just want something more out of it. This year I got it.

After eating dinner outdoors on the patio everyone ended up in the family room this year which had a table to play games at and a pool table. Those not playing pool were playing Apples to Apples Junior edition (which I could still distort with clues like "hot tub"). My grandparents were in the living room watching Fox news (They got bored with the football game). My uncle kept checking the game on his Iphone, updating the score for everyone. For once everyone participated and enjoyed the football game. Maybe technology and the internet are good for something.

I went home and slept. Apparently I am allergic to cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment