Friday, November 27, 2009

Day 69: Yay we all win!

It's day 69! Need I say more?

I had a therapy session tonight and spent the entire time discussing my frustrations. I have spent a lot of time trying to manage my anxiety, figuring out how to handle myself during frustrating situations. It's a very difficult process and although we might think our lives are managed in a fairly "normal" rate, really we spend a lot of time ignoring or covering up our bad habits with compulsive behavior.

We become so comfortable in out behaviors that seem so natural that they become easy comforting habits, however they hold us back from becoming the best person we can be or stepping up to the next plateau.

What it comes down to is this. Fix yourself so you can be there for others. If you leave yourself broken, then all that is left for others is a part of you that is happy and a part of you that is broken.

It is a chore for your soul to express the broken part to others and to have them receive this part.

What are the signs of being broken?

Financial imbalance
Self image problems
Searching for organization or lack there of
Always in a rush or tardiness
Lack of concentration
No time for yourself
Walking with a limp
Unable to communicate your needs
Lack of expression

How did I deal with it?

Patience
Recognition
Honesty
Support
Action

Of course I did this with time. I did this with the expectations that it would take me time but I gave myself flexible due dates to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment