Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 112: Smack

I was walking back from lunch talking to my coworker.  I fear what I was discussing (her love affair with a man in Israel she is visiting next month) angered the Gods.  Seconds later a guy on a skate board smacked into the back of my ankle and slowly I tumbled to the ground.  I did manage to save my boba drink.  I was kind of stunned and amused at the same time.  What do I say to him?  What do I do with myself?

I shook the guys hand, picked myself and boba drink up and continued on my course.  I guess I will find out tomorrow if the impact was serious when my foot is less than functioning!!

I will ice it and elevate it and nurture it.

We are constantly flowing in the Universe.  I picture my movements with those around me.  Once in a while you will see someone ready to collide with your path so either you or they adjust speeds to avoid collision.  Sometimes the universe kicks you from behind.

There is no way of knowing when a collision will arise or how you will react.  That to me is the true test of a person.  How they handle chaos when it nips them in the ass.

I got hit by a skateboarder.  Fucking undergrads!  Stupid kiddies!  He could have at least offered some sort of sexual favor!  Lame.

I find the first step into avoiding collision is to have confidence.  As soon as you or the other person about to collide lose confidence, then you are going to weave back and forth, look like you need crutches or a wheel chair, cause a scene and waste energy by saying "oh excuse me," or "I'm sorry" or "get the fuck out of the way you stupid republican!"

Find your path.  Stick with it.  Know when to slow down, when to take a break and when to continue on without disturbances.  Keep going when you feel trouble a comin' and make sure there is a lid on your drink!  Accidents can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment