Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 328: That's long!

Yeah I calculated the days today.  328 days.  I don't know how time has flown so fast.  I am sitting in my room looking at the painted sky.  The sun is dropping over the hills and a brown pittbull keeps coming by me wishing i'd pet her.  I can tell she is always happy to see me because she has that "shit-ass grin" on her face and her long tail wagging back and forth.

I miss having a regular pet.  It makes me feel so excited when I come home and find this muscular old creature wanting to pounce me the best that she can.  Ok so she has bad gas, she is unmovable at night.  Once she had me in the covers on the edge of the bed.  The bed was holding one side of the covers and she the other.  I couldn't move. 

But - she loves to cuddle.  Sometimes i find myself laying with her or she up against me.  I've had some of the best afternoon naps with her beside me.

Life has such a random transition and pets are such a great way to bring you back to the simplest forms of companionship.  To see the appreciation of caring for a pet by having them lay at your feet, lay in your lap during a movie, snot on your leg, fart at 3am with their backside near your face, decide to go to the bathroom at 4am and not want to return from a few acres away because 4am squirrel hunting is so much fun, and the tiny growls that indicate she wants help getting off the couch.  Oh don't forget when she howls in the middle of the night and you wonder if she's playing the werewolf game!

That long tail beats like a propeller, ready to fly her high into the sky.  One day it will take her there, sooner than later.  At 13 it's expected she should live just a little bit longer.  However with her vivacity, she's just like her owners - kick ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment