Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 49: Excuse Me!

I went for my physical today.  It was my first.  I really didn't know what to expect.  I figured it would be fun since the lights went low and a disco ball came down.

The whole experience was so clinical.  He didn't even buy me a drink!

I was disappointed that all the flu shots had been given out.  The swine flu shot isn't ready yet.  My doctor predicts that my reaction to the flu would be the same as if I didn't have HIV.  Since my levels are both very low he reassured me that my health is going to help fight it off.

I was happy to learn that my virus is fucked.  Every medication will work against it so really I just have to choose the easiest one and good bye!

My doctor said that I am really lucky because he has patients who are on medication and have higher viral loads than mine without.

Regular screenings, staying healthy, lowering stress levels, taking control of my well being - in general they really help in ways we could never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment