Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 40: No Sushi? WTF!

Now that my immune system is suppressed I have to avoid raw foods. So that means no sushi! Fuck! This also means no honey, steak tartare, carpaccio, raw oysters and raw shrimp. I need to avoid eating left overs that have been in the fridge over two days and avoid undercooked meats and veggies with mold.

Is this all bad news?

Well in perspective I should be avoiding alcohol, sick people, things that cause allergies or anything that causes over exertion of the immune system.

In short I take a slightly greater chance of obtaining an illness when I eat these foods. One solution is to eat these in moderation and make sure to avoid them when I am sick. I should also make sure food is fresh.

Is avoiding them completely realistic?

As long as I can keep my immune system at a safe level then I can avoid Timmy the Tapeworm and Edna E. Coli!

I ate sushi last night. It was tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment