Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 43: Another Tear Shed

I've talked to a couple more friends in the last two days about me.  I have a lot of friends I respect and want to ensure me disclosing this doesn't mean we can't still make each other laugh, tell off-color jokes, or enjoy a thimble of port.

I cried on my friends shoulder last night.  She said that I will be ok and I said I know.  It's not the HIV that I feared.  It was being your friend.

Tuesday I talked to my other friend and I told her that it's been amazing to have such wonderful friends.  I start crying when I am reminded of all the things people have done, how many nachos I have consumed from Baja Betties, the hugs of support and the laughter. 

I cry because I am happy.  I cry because I can receive such a horrible thing and still feel love, support, friendship and self-love.

NOTE:  So that all my readers don't fear I have changed into a "chick," spending my time watching soap operas and reading romance novels, I want to let you know that the tears happened but then I followed it up with alcohol and dirty jokes!  I am the same PDT, just a little more happy!

1 comment:

  1. As if you don't watch soaps and read romance novels. Don't lie!

    ReplyDelete