Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 44: Comforting the Mind, Body and Bedroom

Sensory overload.  I can't think.  Sparse thought; sporadic words.  Food - no thanks.  Hunger, sleepy, achy.  I am not here. What?  Oh I forgot.  Tomorrow.  Tomorrow.  In a week.

STOP

I have been going to yoga more often.  I thank myself for coming.  I feel great that I can give my body time to release tension and minutes for my mind to rest.

I have used lavender oil to engage my sense of smell.  I am happier when my office or home doesn't smell like sweaty socks.  I am also happier when it doesn't smell like an inorganic chemically induced air freshener with flavors like "Sea Slumber" or "Summer's Eve."

I have programmed the heater, although it needs a little more adjusting, so that when I am at rest my body isn't struggling to heat itself like a bear in winter.  I also programmed it to not be on all night and to turn back on an hour before I wake up.  Last night I had a great night of sleep.

Keep the body happy and it will do wonders!

1 comment:

  1. Summer's Eve is a douche...glad your house doesn't smell like a douche.

    ReplyDelete