Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 339: Here's A Story

I spent the last two days talking about me and HIV.  I told the story of leading up to it, how I got it and life now.  Fortunately I have my blog.  I look back and see the moments that really defined my growth up until now.  I also see that I really worked hard from the beginning and because of that life is a little easier now.

Life is easier in a sense that I am educated, I didn't go through a huge denial phase, I am working hard to increase my health and levels.  I am working out and working on my support network, primarily my parents.  Through my support I can make them a little less stressed and a little more happy.  This is what they have lost and I feel through my searching for myself I help them find what they lost as well.

For the first time I spoke out loud to several people who have, well, have HIV.  There are the many statistics on here.

It was such an honor to meet these people.  None of us deserve this and all of us are working hard to cope, smile and make a difference.  I commend everyone one of them.

I didn't think coming to a group session or going to a support group or speaker volunteer training would create a connection.  There were some amazing people that I met that I can only hope will continue to inspire me, make me laugh and remind me how HIV can be conquered together.

No comments:

Post a Comment