Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 28: Long Day!

What happens when you start your day off in a bad place.  You begin your day looking for something small which seems to trickle into every moment causing frustration and panic.

My roommate hid my permit.  I spent an extra 15 minutes looking everywhere.  It turned out it was in his room, and it was warm.  Oye!

I hit every red light possible, traffic was backed up, and some how I managed to encounter every stupid person on the road.  "Hello stupid person from Utah driving 45 mph," "Hello S.P. talking on your cell phone," "Hello S.P. not paying attention to the light," "Hello S.P. who can't see that I and 5 other cars want to make a right turn so maybe you shouldn't take up the entire lane and let us creep by."

I went into my office.  My coworker asked how my massage was.  I realized that despite all the efforts of a two-hour massage I was super tense and stressed.

I closed my office door.  I sat in my chair.  I put my head on my desk.  I took some breaths.  I told myself this would stop here.  It would not carry over in this long day where I will be in the office for 2 extra hours, go to pepband and find time to work out.

Hey I get to work out.  I get to have time to myself.  That's not so bad.

Hey they have Pumpkin spice coffee.  This goes well with non-fat milk, honey and cinnamon.  That's not so bad.

I brought lunch and made a smoothie.  Looking good.

We have long days and nights.  They are longer if we let them be longer.  We let them over bare our minds.

Be Happy.  Happy people are hiding something.  Today it's a can of whoop ass.  Don't fuck with me I have a long day ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment