Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 63: Sushi and HIV

I was at dinner with my friend and I was answering all his questions about me and HIV during dinner.  Yes I know I am not supposed to have sushi but it's soooo good!

It's hard to discuss HIV without feeling self conscious or concerned with judgment.  I did it.  And I think I know why I felt fine.  I am done judging myself.  I am done with the results of others judging me.  I know what is in my heart and how I think.  If other people are uncomfortable with life then it's probably because they are fearful or misinformed.  I guess there is a time to not speak out, a crowd to keep your distance, but there is a life we are living and a freedom granted to us so we are comfortable with ourselves.

People say I am strong.  I am not strong, maybe a little naive and oblivious, maybe a little brave.  Or maybe I just don't care about those that hate what I have because I know I have lots of people who love me no matter what.  I have the support group to fall back on.  Even if I am down to just myself in this world, at least I know that I will love myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment