Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 102 - 104: Why Didn't I Just Go Home?

I kept asking myself this most of the time.  Why didn't I go home to my parents house for Christmas?  When I went to church and sang along?

When I ate prime rib and did karaoke Christmas tunes and had a nice pino?  When I opened one gift, yes I had gifts, on Christmas Eve which was pj's.  We all had pj's to open and put on and wear to bed AND wake up and open gifts in and eat breakfast in.  The entire time I was visiting I was treated like Tiny Tim post Scrooge's enlightenment.  I had no idea I was going to have a stocking and gifts and feel what Christmas is supposed to mean.

I felt a little guilty.  But then I reminded myself why I came.  It was to center myself.  It was to be happy and not have any worries about disappointment or fears.

I was disappointed during the trip but thank Kris Kringle for having friends who want to make sure you are happy when you aren't quite centered.

I was overwhelmed with the appreciation and love and I was so glad I made the choice to go there.  If the scale of disappointment for my birthday was tilted to the other end, that's how my Christmas was.

No comments:

Post a Comment