Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 107: Emma Thompson and Meryl Streep Made Out

I watched Angels in America again (hence the title).  I really love the movie adapted from the play.  How can something so terrible and terrifying create a work of art that is inspiring and gives you love and hope?

Isn't that what artists do?  They capture terror, disease, war and remind us how horrible it is and that death is a fact of life but how we live will determine how happy we are.

I think about the beauty in this play, or Vaughan Williams Dona Nobis Pacem, or many other pieces created from the opposition of world war I and many other wars.

I am regrouping and I am finding peace.  I am finding a way to grant myself peace.

There is still no word from the job but I am not letting that bother me.  Right now I am giving myself peace and letting myself enjoy the love that is surrounding me.

I have a block of time that I am eliminating all war, hate, unjust and re-energizing myself for the battles to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment