Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 8: Confirmation, Disappointment & Reassurance

I received confirmation from the nurse at the study. It was confirmed that the exposure was recent and that my system is doing quite well. She said it would probably be years before I have to start medication, even longer by living a healthier life.

I broke off with the boyfriend last night. I realized that it was a choice he was worried about making so I made it for him. I couldn't talk to him immediately after but then I sent him a message which led to two hours of conversation where I was able to actually talk to him like we did before a week ago.

We put the relationship aside and found a stability in friendship and the fact that we really care for each other but really don't know how to deal with this. I am sure there are many other people who go through this. I mean look at the movie Jeffrey. Why can't we all have Patrick Stewart as our gay best friend?

The nurse was comforting and explained that the resources that I have are huge and that I should be in really good hands no matter what. She said a majority of the reason is because I have been proactive about this and have found a network of support that can keep me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment