Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 16: Grapefruit - The New Deadly Fruit

I wait a week to hear my lab results.  It might be many years to months until I would start taking medication.  If I join trials and use my body for medical experiments then I won't be able to partake in a few things, particularly grapefruit.

Oh I love grapefruit.  A sweet and sour delight.  Grapefruit, avocado and blue cheese salad.  Grapefruit juice.  Spooning grapefruit at work.  Grapefruit gummies from Trader Joes.

Do you ever think about the simple things you will miss?

Until I have to go on medication, I decided I would start listing all the things I will miss and enjoy them so much that I will detest them later in life.

Grapefruit, excess caffeine, sex, drugs, Enya, just to name a few.

Note: When I begin the path of medication and I am sent off to medical experiments you will want to be there! I will be doing a heart warming performance from the movie "The Meaning of Life."  That's right, with Uke in hand I will perform "Every Sperm is Sacred."

Until then, I will sit here now, spooning out this sweet and delicious pink grapefruit.

2 comments:

  1. How about some cranberry juice instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always be able to drink Cranberry Juice!

    ReplyDelete