Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 18: Flying Marbles

I played Chinese Checkers with my sister last night. After work we went to a coffee shop and chatted over fancy lattes. My sister did not remember how to play Chinese Checkers so I taught her (the right way that doesn't involve clothing!). She and I, of course, had to exaggerate our moves and found that occasionally a marble went flying off the table. I had Iago open and he insisted on showing us (repeatedly) Grandma Marlene - this is the reaction video of a grandmother in Oregon watching the video 2girls1cup. I have not seen the infamous 2girls1cup and I plan on never ever seeing it but I can appreciate a good reaction video.

My week was up and down and when I got off the shuttle and my sister wasn't there to pick me up I got cranky. Maybe it was the pressure headache or that it was randomly raining. I couldn't tell. I decided to walk towards home. My sister finally arrived and I asked her to meet me at a coffee show and just sit down.

I really needed that. An unexpected moment to just decompress. It really helped. (I think as a bonus having my new roommate order sushi made the night 124% better!). I understand happy hours, I understand getting together for dinner. I understand seeing each other for coffee. This is twice in two weeks where my sister and I have unexpectedly sat down on a Friday after work and enjoyed an hour of just being present with each other.

This hour was after work and before our nightly events (hers studying and mine cleaning up the house and going to bed early so I can go to the gym Saturday mornings). I know. Many of you are going to realize I have a very boring life. I am pretty content with that. I mean what more do I need in life but Chinese Checkers, ginger snaps, sushi and a sister that insists I replay all the moves where I jump over 7 marbles in one turn.

1 comment:

  1. Dried Apricots. Don't forget those.

    ReplyDelete