Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 80: Counseling Fridays!

It's Friday.

I was validated with my choice and reasoning for being angry at my parents from my therapist. I also found it so funny that I can actually be mature at the right choice moments.

I didn't tell my parents when I was mad. I knew it would really drill into them that I was hurt and I would feel satisfaction in making them cry only because I was hurt. I really don't want that but - you know there is that part of you that just wants to show how hurt you were by making someone hurt with you?

I want that sometimes. Like when the guy on the freeway cuts you off, so you get in front of them and turn on your windshield wiper fluid. Or the person in line cuts in front of you and you say "excuse me but did you see the line?"

Excuse me - did you see I needed support?

I guess we can't all be psychic. Lesson learned.

If you want to get what you want you need to simply ask for it. Be direct. You may not get it but you aren't dicking around. People understand what you need and will either get mad or figure out how to get it for you. Or just tell you no.

I hate being told I can't do something. I know that it's possible, I know that our lives would be better if I am happier!

No Paul no!

1 comment:

  1. I just learned the 'be direct' lesson too. Unfortunately, I didn't get want I wanted/needed out of it, but at least it's out there.

    ReplyDelete