Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 76: Frustration and Decongestion

I was mad the rest of Sunday and today.

There are rare moments when I can’t deal with frustrations and so I shut down. I really do it in the most polite way possible. My roommate attempted to cheer me up and I told him to back off. I didn’t plan on sharing any of my frustrations and that meant I didn’t want anyone to ask. It wasn’t that I wanted to vent, it was more that I wanted to decompress on my own terms and find the core of the problem.

Through friends and some searching I came to the conclusion that no matter what my parents could give me monetarily, I didn’t want that. I wanted them to be present.

The only way to achieve this is to tell them directly.

I think I was scared to tell them they disappointed me. For all the support they have given, I feel like telling them that they let me down would be a selfish thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment